- Develop a vision for the enterprise.
- Define the mission of the organization.
- Identify the company’s values.
- Identify the political, economic, and competitive environment.
- Formulate a SWOT analysis – Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats.
- Develop action plans to combat weaknesses and threats.
- Perform a review of the Enterprise Risk Management System in place or develop one.
- Define the business model for the enterprise.
- Establish short, mid-term, and long-term goals - objectives which are SMART.
- Develop major strategies (company-wide) for the company.
- Identify major functions in the organization.
- Establish department goals that support the overall goals.
- Develop major strategies for each department.
- Develop major tactics.
- Complete the strategic planning document.
- Communicate the new strategy to all employees.